How many times have we heard that our body is made up of 70% of water? Very often, right. There are many articles that show us the ideal statistics about the water retention in our body, but do we understand the importance of maintaining that percentage. Let’s see a few options that play a huge role in influencing the hydration in our body.
Water content: 96%
- Cures bad breath.
- Helps lower the temperature of blood.
- Slice of cucumber provides relief to a sun burnt skin.
- It helps lower eye puffiness.
2. Bell peppers
Water content: 94%
- Red bell peppers have more than twice the vitamin C content than green bell pepper.
- Other than vitamin C bell peppers have a high vitamin A content.
Water content: 94%
- Can help protect against cancer.
- Tomatoes are the richest source of Lycopene which is important for the health of prostate gland in men.
- It contains powerful antioxidants that help in protecting the eyes against development of cataract.
Water content: 92%
- Mushrooms are a great source of Vitamin D. Who knew Vitamin D could be delicious too.
- On a cellular level, mushrooms are more similar to humans than plants.
Water content: 91.45%
- Watermelons can help prevent cancer.
- Farmers in Japan have perfected the art of growing them in different shapes.
- There are 1200 different varieties of watermelon.
Water content: 91%
- These beautiful and nutritious berries are known to be full of vitamin C, E, K, B6 and potassium.
- There are nearly 200 seeds on an average sized strawberry.
- They belong to the rose family and hence possess a sweet fragrance.
Water content: 89%
- This tiny food item is a powerhouse of all the necessary vitamins.
- It is the excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, Chromium and folate.
- The health benefits of broccoli are its ability to prevent cancer, improve digestion, lowers cholesterol levels, detoxifies the body, boots immune system, lowers blood pressure, protects the skin and improves vision.
- If you didn’t consider eating broccoli before, now is the time to rethink your decision and start at the earliest.
Water content: 87%
- 7 cups of cornflakes = fibre content of 1 medium orange.
- The Fountain head of vitamin C, Oranges are very helpful for weight loss.
- One orange satisfies the entire day’s vitamin C requirement.
Water content: 84%
- Women of childbearing age must consume kiwi fruit as it is known to be a great source of folic acid, which is a nutrient that has been shown to prevent neural tube defects.
- Kiwi fruit is a rich source of magnesium, a nutrient that converts food into energy.
10. Sweet potatoes
Water content: 77%
- Attention fitness enthusiasts, sweet potatoes are fat free and cholesterol free. Eat away.
- They are loaded with vitamins A, B6, C and E.
- They have been recently reclassified as an “antidiabetic food”.
Any of these food items can work wonders for you. Be sure to expect outstanding outcomes as you inculcate these magical elements in between your meals.
Now that you have learnt about all the benefits these foods have to offer, you must make an effort and find out what changes can be brought into your lives by switching to healthy yet delicious fruits and vegetables that we’ve just explored. I’m sure your taste buds and body will not be disappointed. Let this be the beginning of your journey to a physically and mentally fit lifestyle.
If any of you are still wondering, why do I need to change my food habits? The section below was meant for you. Alright peeps. The wait is finally over, brace yourselves as we are about to unravel some major perks of keeping yourselves hydrated.
Highs of staying Hydrated
Natural Skin Care:
The best way to defy aging is moisturising the skin naturally. It’s been a constant struggle for people all around the world to look young and flawless throughout their lives; and apart from a few genetically gifted individuals that do not find this a challenge. Can we agree that a healthy and a well moisturized skin is something all of us desire? But very often, the climatic changes pose as a huge hurdle in achieving that beautiful and radiant skin. Well not anymore, we have found the easiest solution to getting rid of dry skin. The best way to moisturize your skin is to consume a variety of juicy fruits and vegetables. This will naturally increase the water content in your body and get you closer to your dream of attaining a naturally glowing skin.
Facilitates Weight loss:
If you are one of those who believe that your “body is your temple”. You must consider adding some of these options to your current meals. Fruits and vegetables that have a rich water content contribute to boosting your metabolism, thereby increasing your chances of weight loss. The water and fibre in fruits and vegetables adds volume to your dishes, so you can eat the same amount of food with fewer calories. The trick is to consume these fruits and vegetables at a cooler temperature. (ex: Usage of refrigerated contents in a salad)
It is not every day that we feel pumped with energy. There are times when we feel lethargic and that often affects our ongoing activities and reflects in our work as well. An instant solution is to consume fruits. Fruits have all the necessary nutrients that are essential for our body for a quick recharge.
Helps in Detoxification:
Detoxification is the most essential yet neglected process of our day to day life. This underrated cleansing process can easily be introduced in our lives if we care to spare a few minutes for ourselves. There are so many recipes available on the internet, few of the links are provided here.
These were some of the boons of switching to healthier alternatives. I hope you found the information to be useful. Make sure you leave a comment to let me know if you liked the content.
I’m a free spirit and an optimist at heart. Always in search of a new challenge. I believe every decision shapes our life so I’m trying to make sense through it all.